Is this for me?
While I have made every effort to develop and refine the content for broad appeal, the Acorn Assignment is not for everyone. Key points to consider:
- The program is for parents of child up to five years of age, the younger the better. Parents of older children will find the program to be of limited value and are not encouraged to participate.
- Your role as a parent is central to your life. Other things may occasionally take you away from that focus, but you consistently return to and strive to be the best parent you can be.
- The Acorn Assignment takes a big picture view of parenting, distinctly different – yet complimentary to the milestone madness of modern parenting. Many of the suggested techniques do not yield any immediate result. Some people are uncomfortable with this.
- I am a strongly visual person and I rely quite heavily on several visual analogies throughout the Acorn Assignment. Simple test, if you are comfortable – better still curious with an acorn as a simple representation for the potential in a child, it is a good sign.
How do I know this works?
Short answer – ask your gut. Like a craft or skill course:
- You don’t know until you try. In the mean time review the posts on this website and evaluate the extent to which you agree and align with the content.
- Practice, practice, practice, you get out what you put in.
- We are all unique in our aptitudes and learning rates, how patient and persistent are you with yourself